We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a 5 month assignment as a User Experience Designer. Integrate a solid understanding of internal and/or external user into all design concepts with a goal of delivering solutions that users find intuitive, easy to use and encourage further product usage.
- Demonstrate thought-leadership to envision and design a desired end-state in digital systems or products.
- Implement user-centered design methods and/or design-thinking throughout the product development lifecycle to shape the strategy and define deliverables specific to the end system or product.
- Partner with Solution Architects and Application Developers to ensure their awareness of and leverage successful user experience standards and industry best practices across Bank systems or products.
- Work with internal resources to explore multiple user-centered design concepts through whiteboard sessions, wireframes and usability studies to gather end user feedback to continually improve the customer experience.
- Develop and review functional and end user requirements specific to digital systems or products with Application Development to ensure their final look and feel is accurate and meets desired expectations of the end user experience.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Bank brand.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ technical experience, including:
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in User Interface, User Experience and/or Interaction Design,
- Or in lieu of a degree, combined minimum 9 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum 5 years’ technical experience with minimum 3 years’ professional experience in User Interface, User Experience and/or Interaction Design.
- Strong proficiency using pertinent illustration, photo-editing, word processing and presentation software.
- Strong project management skills and techniques & excellent presentation and visualization skills.
- Proven experience interacting with various multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
- Bachelors’ degree in Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Design, Industrial Engineering, Human
- Factors, Human Computer Interaction or User Experience.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and leverage design as a means to bring clarity to abstract ideas.
- Expertise in creating use cases, flow diagrams, prototypes, scenarios and wireframes in the context of product development.
- Experience with accessibility standards, cross-platform issues, mobile user interfaces, and systems thinking.
- Proficiency in software design, development, and prototyping methods and tools.
- Proficiency in industry best practices for desktop, mobile and web applications.
- Background/work experience in financial industry.