We are seeking US Military Veterans, National Guardsmen, Reservists, and Military Spouses to apply for an Opening Director of Sales position at a first-class hotel. Partner with the General Manager, Hospitality Group Sales Leaders, Revenue Management team, the Interactive Marketing and Brand Support teams to strategically position the new hotel in the market and to drive revenue.
- The primary responsibility is to strategically leverage and position the new upscale all-suite property in the market to maximize topline revenue potential.
- Sales: Accountable for achieving or exceeding hotel budgeted revenue numbers. Direct, lead, develop and execute sales initiatives. Stay engaged in direct sales and business development tactics to generate sales.
- Marketing: Participate in brand marketing opportunities and leverage loyalty program to increase exposure. Partner with the marketing team to ensure digital and printed materials are aligned with Sales, Revenue and Marketing objectives. Support the implementation of sales and marketing strategies.
- Revenue Management: Partner with revenue management team and determine the optimal business mix the hotel. Leverage extended stay, group and transient businesses to maximum revenue potential and market share.
- Account Management: Develop strong relationships with key accounts in the market. Understand the account’s needs and consistently provide them with quality solutions.
- Community Evolvement: Partner with local visitor bureaus and organizations. Attend networking and volunteer events to stay engaged within the community.
- Technical Acumen: Responsible for utilizing sales and catering tools/systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Hospitality Management
- 3-5 years hotel experience
- Previous Hotel Sales management experience is highly desirable
- Previous experience opening hotels is highly desirable
- Ability to manage multiple sales activities simultaneously while maintaining communication to key stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, problem solving skills and process improvement
- Ability to use independent judgement to solve issues & to learn by doing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to cohesively present thoughts and ideas.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with hotel property management systems such as Opera, Fosse, and OnQ is desirable
- The willingness to commit the time needed for success and to work smart towards company objectives
- High level of personal integrity, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team oriented personality; the ability to work effectively to accomplish performance goals and objectives