We are seeking US Military Veterans, National Guardsmen, Reservists, and Military Spouses to apply for an Opening Chief Engineer position at a first-class hotel. Use your experience and leadership skills to support the hotel opening process through construction and into opening, while helping to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure the highest level of quality and service.
- Work with the construction and project management teams to ensure the hotel is completed with the key project dates and expectations aligned with leadership expectations.
- Act as on-site eyes supporting the GM and the Project Leadership team to liaise with GC and Architecture team.
- Assist with bringing the property on-line as a member of the hotel’s executive team, and work to ensure all interdisciplinary tasks are completed and the property meets brand standards and ownership expectations.
- Lead preventive maintenance, routine inspections, guest service recovery, asset protection, procurement guidelines and capital expenditures.
- Learn the impact of maintaining company assets within budget guidelines and how maintenance practices impact the overall financial success of the hotel property.
- Perform and/or supervise maintenance work as needed or scheduled to lengthen the life and usefulness of items so long term savings can be realized.
- Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adhere to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
- Effectively manage a department and team, resulting in optimum financial success, guest satisfaction and employee relations and completion of all hotel initiatives. Monitor and manage all payroll/labor expenses.
- Identify training opportunities and provide one-on-one training in specific tasks or SOPs as appropriate.
- Support all departments to ensure excellent customer service as related to maintenance and equipment issues.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- High school diploma or GED.
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred .
- CPO, HVAC, boiler, Serve Safe certification desired .
- 3-5+ years of maintenance experience, preferably in the hotel industry.
- Detail oriented, ability to communicate with all levels, and able to problem-solve with employees and guests.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous Hotel Opening experience a plus .
- High attention to detail, good communication skills, leadership ability and excellent problem solving skills.
- High level of technical expertise as related to the position.
- Excellent organization skills, a high degree of creativity to facilitate efficient problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and have high attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.