We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Construction Project Manager. Use your skills to administer projects from pre-construction budget/schedule stage through procurement, shop drawing/coordination development, construction, and space turnover and contract closeout.
- Lead the project team and ensure completion within budget, schedule and conformance with design documents.
- Assist the project executive in working with all departments including estimate scheduling, procurement, labor relations, finance, and accounting.
- Develop project bidding strategy with the project team and purchasing department. Prepare scopes of work for each trade in construction with purchasing.
- Review and provide schedule information for bid documents. May participate in contract negotiations.
- Develop a logistics plan that allows the contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner.
- Coordinate and integrate the activities of all of the assistant project managers, project engineers and other support staff on the project. Establish priorities for the project staff based on owner and project requirements.
- Identify and schedule any required factory visits.
- Review and approve all major purchase orders, change orders and contractor/vendor requisitions as prepared by the project staff. Obtain approval for changes to the project.
- Establish regular scheduled meetings with contractors and design team to review: shop drawing preparation/approval, equipment/material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections vis-a-vis the project schedule, quality/performance issues on and off site.
- Review and approve all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports. Apprise owner of all deviations from baseline data (original schedule, budget, etc.). Monitor vendor pending costs. Update monthly cost report.
- Conduct regular project/client meetings to review project progress and issues: Current cost projections/change orders issued to date, anticipated “pending” costs, schedule update, requisition review, highlight near term major activities, changes to the project, any other issues deemed appropriate.
- Obtain client’s acceptance of the work, and sign-off for the completed project.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project report, and prompt closeout of the subcontracts
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse (write your status on your resume)
- BS degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management discipline.
- Active clearance or ability to obtain a government issued clearance desired
- 10+ years as a Senior Construction Project Manager.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team to build collaboration and efficiency.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills to coordinate across offices.
- Basic understanding of the Federal budget process.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and working with others.