We are seeking US Military Veterans, National Guardsmen, Reservists, and Military Spouses to apply for a Director of Food & Beverage position with a world-class hotel.
- Effective Operations of the Food and Beverage Department: Leads the food & beverage staff to ensure the department operates efficiently and business goals are achieved. Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms. Attends meetings and communicates effectively with all responsible staff to ensure guest and team member needs are met.
- Providing Exceptional Guest Service: Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary. Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- People Management and Development: Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development of all team members. Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors. Supervises on-going training initiatives. Applies on-the-job training tools for employees. Communicates performance expectations, coaches and counsels employees
- Financial Expectations: Accountable for achieving business revenue goals by developing and implementing service programs. Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships to drive repeat business/customer referrals. Uses expertise to develop and implement changes to food and beverage operations based on sales and guest comments. Responsible for management of expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Responsible for effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs and the departmental budget.
US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1-year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.