We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Area Sales Manager position at a first-class hotel. Selling the area hotels with emphasis on all public areas in support of the hotels’ rooms and catering merchandising.
- Sales/Revenue Maximization : Responsible for achieving sales room night and revenue goals by business development, account management and hotel site sales calls. Achieves business revenue goals by developing, building and maintaining excellent client relationships through community involvement, local visitors’ bureau, market-specific organizations, and cultivating client database.
- Cost Control: Responsible for management of sales expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Assists with the preparation and management of the department budget. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines.
- Guest Service: Accountable for client satisfaction by ensuring service standards are met and clients’ needs are responded to. Ensures effective communication of client to appropriate operational departments. Resolves clients’ complaints and concerns in courteous and friendly manner, focuses on service recovery when applicable.
- Technical Acumen : Responsible for utilizing sales and catering tools/systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data. Ensures integrity of sales data by documenting information in Delphi on a daily basis. Utilizes sales tools, and other market intelligence.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree or equivalent experience preferred .
- Reliable transportation/phone contact for guaranteed, punctual on-time arrival to work.
- Professional membership and community involvement desired.
- Basic Microsoft office and Delphi experience also desired.
- Prior sales experience desired.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.