We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Assistant General Manager position at a first-class hotel. Oversee the overall management and operation of the hotel. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality.
- Personally Delivers Exceptional Guest Service: Accountable for maintaining Quality Assurance Inspections and Guest Satisfaction Surveys. Communicates guest feedback to hotel staff and addresses trends/issues with staff. Encourages hotel team to set an example of the expected level of guest service.
- Sales: Actively participates in the hotel’s sales efforts, analyzes and negotiates business, pricing and yield strategies, attends sales calls/site visits. Attending Chamber and CVB meetings and events, establishes relationships with area hotels, schools, universities and community organizations.
- Maximizes Guest Satisfaction Scores : Identifies potential obstacles and implements ideas to maximize guest satisfaction scores. Communicates results from guest satisfaction surveys with hotel team and works to maintain guest satisfaction scores that are within the range deemed acceptable by the brand.
- Financial Responsibility: Manages expenses according to budgeted/forecasted guidelines to maximize hotel profitability. Reviews/releases payroll. Prepares and manages the hotel budget and ongoing forecasting efforts.
- Training and Development: Assist with the ongoing training and development of hotel team members and maintaining all necessary training records.
- People Management: Effective management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team member relations. Interview, hire, coach and develop hotel team members and management team.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
- Must be able to manage multiple hotel and corporate priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels within and outside the organization and have the ability to effectively problem solve with all.