The Center Director will report to the Senior Director of Adult and Senior Services. He/she will be responsible for the overall administration of the Center including but not limited to programming, marketing and admissions, quality assurance and risk management and oversight of clinical and therapeutic care. The Center Director will also manage a team of nurses, a social worker, senior activity leader, a business manager and a transportation manager. Additionally, the Center Director will oversee administrative duties related to state and local auditing, financial management, reporting, and other areas.
- Lead in the development, implementation and monitoring of Center processes, protocols and procedures.
- Hire, train, supervise and assess staff.
- Work to enhance, market, expand, strengthen and assess Center programs and services.
- Provide vision and leadership to a team of staff and contractors and ensure that they have the professional development, training and resources necessary to deliver high-quality services.
- Comply with privacy laws and requirements under HIPAA and other regulations and understand the consequences of non-compliance.
- Record and maintain all client progress reports and documentation, in a timely, accurate manner and in compliance with agency as well as governmental rules and regulations.
- Follow all safety procedures as required by organization policy and procedure and understand the consequences of non-compliance.
- Comply with insurance and Medicaid regulations and authorizations for billing and demonstrate appropriate use and knowledge of CPT codes.
- Maintain appropriate certification and license for the Center.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of clinical processes, protocols and procedures.
- Assist with evaluation (including goal setting, data collection and monitoring) and reporting.
- Liaise with other Easter Seals employees around topics that are pertinent to the Centers and/or organization (e.g., communications, branding, billing, training, funding).
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in healthcare administration, social services, or human services.
- Individuals with experience in aging including social work, nursing and other health-related fields are encouraged to apply.
- Business professionals with experience working in a human service setting also encourage to apply.
- 7 years working with adults/seniors with and without disabilities in a healthcare or human service setting. Combination of professional work and education experience will be considered in lieu of this requirement.
- 5 years of management experience in a related field. Must have strong management and leadership skills and the ability to supervise staff in a way that is collaborative and effective.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages.
- Experience working with diverse audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities. Must be computer-literate.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Exceptional Communicator: Demonstrated success establishing relationships with customers, members of the community, the Board, and team members at all levels of an organization.
- Team Builder: Demonstrated ability to leverage the strengths of diverse teams (both internal and external), coach, mentor, and hold team accountable to achieve results.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven capacity to listen actively and synthesize multiple pieces of disparate information into a coherent vision that aligns with the organization’s strategy and move it to a successful operation.
- Multitasker: Ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously.
- Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Demonstrated experience working successfully within a highly collaborative and collegiate organization. Comfort rolling up one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations. Passion for and commitment to ES DC|MD|VA’s mission.
- Political Savvy: Can maneuver through complex situations effectively. Plans appropriately to seize potential opportunities and avoid potential conflicts in service of realizing overarching goals.