|We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Accountant. Use your accounting skills and be a member of the Accounting and Finance Team. Participate in preparing financial statements, financial analysis, and month end close.
- Perform tasks in general or specialized accounting functions such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Cost Accounting and General Ledger.
- Prepare, analyze, review, verify and reconcile vouchers, journal entries, accounting classifications, and other accounting/financial statements records and reports.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Work with Controller to help prepare financial statements and support schedules according to the monthly close schedule.
- Support the annual external and internal audit process.
- Prepare and update Excel Management reports.
- Prepare, enter, and post all proper General Journal entries, reverse, recur, and adjust journal entries.
- Establish and maintain accurate detailed financial records.
- Analyze financial reports, records and make recommendations to the accounting of reserves assets and expenditures.
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments, locations, and business units.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced accounting staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant accounting regulations policies and procedures.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse (write your status on your resume).
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 8-10 years accounting experience
- Experience working with government contractors
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Experience with Deltek Accounting Software and CostPoint 7
- Service Contract Act Experience preferred
- Experience with Deltek Accounting Software, version 7 strongly preferred