|We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Junior Database Administrator/Analyst. Use your knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle to perform database administration, Backup/Recovery, Performance, Installation & Patching.
- Manage and maintain logical database structure, physical structure, data, file system, disk sub-system, accounts/passwords, logical and physical backups, and database tuning.
- Perform DBA tasks to install, configure, test, maintain, backup, recover, patch, and upgrade.
- Perform database analysis, design, and implementation.
- Interface with Tech Support for information gathering, trouble-shooting, and general technical support for security patches, installs and upgrades.
- Tune, administer, and maintain SQL Server instance according to set standards.
- Develop and document procedures for backup and recovery of SQL Server database environments.
- Patch, upgrade, and maintain all SQL Server binaries.
- Scan all database instances and recommend security mitigations of vulnerabilities to the DBA team.
- Provide risk assessment reports to management for accreditation of systems.
- Document and implement security procedures.
- Work within a close team construct and coordinate with various teams in a timely manner and in accordance with defined standards and practices.
- Communicate with project managers on the progress of open items and work with security specialists, database group, or other infrastructure resources as needed.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 1 - 3 years in IT, Database Administration and SQL Server and Oracle (preferred)
- Working knowledge of shell scripting.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated to self-study new requirements and work well with other team members
- Excellent documentation skills and provide "after hours" support as required
- Capacity to develop an understanding of business needs and incorporate them into technical solutions
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Academic background in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical, and collaborative skills.