|We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Case Manager. Provide ongoing services and support in the community to homeless/formerly homeless veterans enrolled in the HUD VASH (Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing) Case Management Program with complex treatment and housing needs.
- Outreach, service coordination, home visitation, and linkage to medical/behavioral health/substance abuse treatment/housing services/public benefits.
- Connect veterans to VA and community resources, make referrals to community and other governmental agencies.
- Coordinate with the Housing Team; play an active role in the home finding process.
- Accurately assesses psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans and their family members toward formulating and implementing treatment plans.
- Monitor Veterans’ ability to pay rent and other expenses, problem solving and intervening as necessary.
- Conduct psychosocial assessment and provide service coordination to a wide variety of individuals representing diverse, cultural, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.
- Accompany Veterans to medical and or other appointments in the community, as needed.
- Document all services rendered in an electronic health record system.
- Participate in daily, weekly and ad-hoc team meetings, and individual supervision sessions.
Field-based position involving substantial time in the community inclusive of private homes, the shelter system, hospitals, and other public settings.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Master of Social Work, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or a Licensed Professional Counselor with Master’s degree in Social Work and/or Psychology.
- Demonstrated strong professional writing skills required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed. Travel independently throughout the community via mass transit and or car.
- Strong working knowledge of public and private social welfare programs/services.
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness/co-occurring behavioral health and or substance abuse disorders preferred.
- Prior case management experience working in clinical and or housing/supportive housing programs strongly preferred.