|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to take a Field Operations Supervisor Training Program. Advance your career as you learn to become a Field Operations Supervisor, and upon completion, be assigned to lead the operation of a bridge or tunnel facility. The 4-month development program has classroom training, on-the-job training, and job shadowing and mentoring. To apply, you’ll need a Bachelor’s in Operations, Emergency, or Facilities Management, Public Administration, or related, plus 1-year supervisory experience.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Learn to supervise, develop and oversee personnel in conducting emergency garage facility operations, in optimal use of equipment and vehicles; and at the communications desk. Oversee the security guard staff to ensure that activities are monitored and documented.
- Act as on-scene coordinator at emergency incidents, report to the shift manager, ensure the quick response of emergency garage personnel to incidents and disabled vehicles, safety of staff and customers, efficient handling and the expedient return to normal operations, and minimal customer service disruptions.
- Conduct roadway and toll plaza inspections to ensure proper operating procedures for safety.
- Perform detail work related to tolls, security guard, emergency garage functions, and communication desk responsibilities to improve present practices and meet new requirements.
- Assist in the planning of facility operations to ensure optimum utilization of human resources, and to refine work practices.
- Assist the shift manager in the coordination of construction projects.
- Participate in administrative functions.
- Recommend acquisition of equipment, materials, and uniforms to improve facility operations.
- Prepare reports for disciplinary actions, critical incidents, and other occurrences.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s in Operations/ Emergency/ Facility Management, Public Administration, or related field.
- 3 years in operations, transportation, traffic/ emergency/ facilities management, manufacturing, logistics, military, or related experience.
- 1 year of supervisor experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Willing to work rotating shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays, 8-hour and 12-hour shifts.
- Union agreements and labor management processes. Tolls/ vehicular operations. Traffic management. Emergency response procedures.
- Ability to organize and direct others in performing operations
- Computer proficiency, such as Microsoft Office Suite