We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Assistant Store Manager . Directs all activities related to merchandise flow, store maintenance, expense management, shortage prevention and store sales support functions for a significant portion of the total stores volume.
- Direct all functions related to in-store merchandise assortments
- Support implementation of merchandise presentation
- Plan and coordinate major floor moves/renovations
- Evaluate all expenses in relation to store's P & L plan.
- Responsible for delivering profit plan through payroll/non-payroll management
- Develop and lead shortage strategy
- Ensure best floor coverage to achieve service plans through evaluation of staffing plans
- Ensure all service support areas operate at high standards to achieve best shopping experience
- Maintain collaborative partnerships and negotiate effectively with internal colleagues
- Train and develop the team for effective performance through consistent on-the-job training
- Create and maintain a positive work environment for direct reports
- Participate in skill assessment process and develop individual executive performance objectives challenging direct reports to reach optimum performance level
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- A minimum of 5-7 years retail management experience preferably in a full-line department store
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong leadership profile
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct teams
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team, as well as working independently.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.