We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Restaurant Manager position with a world-class hotel. This entry-level management position assists in the daily operations in Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Bars and Room Service Departments as needed.
Assisting to Manage Restaurant Team and Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
- Assists in supervising daily shift operations. Supervises restaurant in the absence of supervisors.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues with food quality and service
- Assists in ensuring compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Assists in achieving or exceeding budgeted goals. Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met. Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Strives to improve service performance; reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
Assisting in Human Resource Activities
- Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met. Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Supervises on-going training initiatives. Applies on-the-job training tools for employees.
- Communicates performance expectations, coaches and counsels employees
US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1-year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.