We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Tier 2 Help Desk Specialist . Provides second tier support to end users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware.
- Handles problems that the first tier of help desk support is unable to resolve.
- May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem
- Work with team members to identify and understand problems and solve them by utilizing best practices
- Encompass the ability to simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Collaborate with the development team and management to scope out new application modules
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse (write your status on your resume)
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. (Math, Engineering Technology, or etc.) required
- Must be eligible for a security clearance (“clear-able”)
- Ability to work as a part of a team, quick learner, and ability to keep composure while serving customers.
- Help desk experience required
- Experience providing second tier support to end users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware
- Experience triaging, simulating, or recreating user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Technical knowledge to plan for system modifications to reduce user problems
- Experience supporting Federal Government Programs preferred