We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Banquet Manager of a first-class hotel. Use your skills to ensure overall effective operations of the banquet department, including adherence to all health regulations and liquor laws. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit, and ensure quality.
- Operations: Assists in leading the food & beverage staff to ensure department operates efficiently and business goals are achieved. Attends appropriate meetings and communicates to get needs met.
- Guest Services: Accountable for guest satisfaction. Resolves guest complaints in courteous and friendly manner. Works side-by-side with staff to train and model guest service standards.
- People Management: Manages assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction, and positive team member relations. Helps to interview, hire, coach, and develop team members. Evaluates staff performance and takes corrective action.
- Financial: Supports business revenue goals by implementing and delivering service programs. Builds and maintains client relationships to drive repeat business/customer referrals. Supports management of expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Supports effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs and the departmental budget.
- Safety/Risk Management: Conduct routine inspections of banquet operations to maintain quality food, beverage and kitchen/restaurant standards. Ensures a clean and safe work environment.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse (write your status on your resume)
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Serve Safe/TIPS/CARE beverage service certification or the ability to obtain one is required.
- 2+ years of progressive banquet experience required
- 1+ year supervisory/management experience.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members and guests.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds regularly throughout shift. Ability to work extended hours as needed, with physically demanding walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout.
- Ability to lift, move, and connect a keg weighing up to 150 pounds an occasional basis with assistance.
- 2+ years of supervisory/management experience in a hotel setting.
- Experience with venues with focus on guest satisfaction.
- Basic knowledge of culinary operation, restaurant, banquet and beverage service.