We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Street-level Imaging Vehicle Driver . Operate a high-tech vehicle with commercial digital camera arrays and GPS equipment to rapidly image 360-degree area around the vehicle and store images on computers inside.
- Receive specialized training to drive public streets and areas in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow an on-board guidance system to capture street-level images within a given project area, including all public streets, highways, and on/off ramps.
- Mapping often requires specific areas to be driven multiple times due to poor lighting conditions, multilane roads, etc.
- Transfer electronic files between the Cloud, USB thumb drive, and vehicle’s computer system.
- Maintain contact with supervisor regularly via personal cell phone (texting/voice/pictures/email).
- Utilize personal phone and personal email to submit daily/weekly reports
- Take the vehicle home at night. Get the vehicle washed and serviced as instructed.
- Interact professionally with security guards to access gated communities.
- Operate independently. Be mission-focused and get the job done.
Schedule : 25-30 hrs/week for 3.5 to 4 month project beginning around March 1st.
- Must have flexibility in schedule as the mapping requires good weather (no rain, no snow) and daylight hours. Driver must watch weather forecasts.
- It is preferred that the candidate have a parking spot, preferably in a garage, where the vehicle can be parked at night.
- Vehicles must be parking in a garage at night or the vehicle operator will have to remove the camera (in its case) from the vehicle every night.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse (write status on your resume)
- Valid driver’s license and clean Department of Motor Vehicle driver’s record.
- Physically capable of safely lifting 70-pound camera unit onto vehicle roof mount, and able to safely reach/access roof of vehicle to mount and unmount camera
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail to safely handle vehicle and imagery system.
- Driver must enjoy driving.
- Dependable and reliable with professional attitude and demeanor
- Computer/technology literate to use phone, email, and Excel spreadsheets for basic data entry.
- Prefer local operator living in area with knowledge of local roads and traffic trends
- Experience with commercial driving is a huge plus.