Easter Seals Serving DC | MD | VA & The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Communications Manager that will be a key member of The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic as well as the ESDCMDVA communications team. Will report to the Director of Communications at ESDCMDVA and coordinate all awareness branding, media relations, events, social media and development of collateral materials.
- Developing and implementing communication, marketing, event and media-related efforts associated with the Clinic
- Managing internal and external communications related to the Clinic post-launch; forming and maintaining relationships with communications and media-related partners
- Creating and implementing a robust communications and marketing strategy for the clinic
- Developing multi-media content including print, video, web, social media and other digital platforms
- Writing and pitching press releases that showcase the success of the Clinic and Easter Seals
- Serving as local spokesperson and recruiting additional speakers; preparing and presenting materials via conferences, workshops and related meetings or events
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting all communications metrics against goals; recommending opportunities for improvement as needed
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Exceptional Communicator: Demonstrated success establishing relationships with customers/clients, members of the community, Board of Directors, external partners, and team members at all levels of an organization.
- Collaborator: Demonstrated ability to leverage the strengths of diverse teams (both internal and external), manage projects, and hold team accountable to achieve results.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven capacity to listen actively and synthesize multiple pieces of disparate information into a coherent vision that aligns with the organization’s strategy and move it to successful operationalization.
- Multitasker: Ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously.
- Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Demonstrated experience working successfully within a highly collaborative and collegial organization.
- Political Savvy: Plans appropriately to seize potential opportunities and avoid potential conflicts in service of realizing overarching goals.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages; strong editing abilities
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, public relations/distribution software and services
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop & knowledge of HTML or CMS
- Experience with social media management and analytics
- Knowledge/experience with managing outside print process required & working Constant Contact not required
- Knowledge of mental health issues preferred but not required
- Bilingual candidates desired but not required (English/Spanish)
- Experience researching and writing articles and success stories
Interested candidates must submit writing samples, including a press release