|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Sous Chef position at a first-class hotel. Use your 5+ years of progressive kitchen supervisory experience to work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure the culinary department operates effectively and safely.
- Food Quality and Production: Accountable for managing staff to ensure highest level of food quality and production to standards. Responsible for daily line checks, expediting for quality control and other follow up as necessary.
- Presentation and Menu Development: Ensures outstanding presentation through use records and photographs, and monitoring that plate set ups meet the photo-record standards. Accountable for entire process including internal and competitive set analysis, and menu engineering.
- Cost Control: Responsible for management of kitchen expenses to maximize hotel profitability.
- People Management: Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development of all team members. Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- College and/or culinary degree or equivalent experience.
- Serve Safe or approved equivalent certification, or the ability to obtain certification is required.
- 5+ years of progressive kitchen supervisory experience.
- 2+ years as a chef in a hotel of similar size, brand, and reputation for outstanding service preferred
- Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift.
- Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the extended shift.