|We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a SQL Server Database Administrator. Maintenance of application databases on a computerized database management system. Evaluate client requirements and processes. Perform day to day troubleshooting and support activities. This position requires a Bachelor in Information Services, 4 years’ Information Systems experience, and 3 years as a SQL Server DB Administrator.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Install, maintain, and support for enterprise class database management systems.
- Implement application database, set up database backup and recovery, data integrity procedures, space management strategies, and security.
- Create database application designs that adhere to the standards and procedures.
- Participate with application developers and operations staff in the installation, development and testing phases of assigned projects.
- Implement Disaster Recovery Backup processes and conducts Disaster Recovery testing.
- Effectively use database utility, monitoring and tuning tools.
- Provide consulting support to application teams that use enterprise class databases.
- Monitor database performance and respond to service calls for database related problems.
- Identify and provide resolutions for basic to complex service-related problems. Document outages, anomalies and fixes.
- Work with Infrastructure personnel to install and test new versions of or patches to the Database Management System.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse
- W-2 only no C2C
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Services or related discipline or 2 year degree with additional experience.
- 4+ years Information Systems experience.
- 3+ years Database Administration experience in SQL Server in general.
- Good working knowledge of versions 2008R2 and 2012. Newer versions a plus.
- Basic knowledge of the system development life cycle and its interaction with database development.
- Has medium to strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database management systems.
- Has strong knowledge of physical database design and performance monitoring tools.
- Has strong knowledge of the operating system upon which the database is installed.
- Has a general understanding of personal desktop computers.
- Understand how to use Office Suite products for word processing and spreadsheets.