|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Data Analyst. The Enterprise Data Office is an exciting new area at the Bank that will execute the Bank’s strategy to deliver reliable and governed centralized data. We want a dynamic individual with a Bachelor’s and 4 years in data/business analysis or data requirements elicitation who have a mind for business and the technical prowess to understand what business data means and why Data Governance is so important.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Act as a key resource in setting up the new version of Informatica, define the processes for business glossary usage & data lineage. Work with the Data Governance team to ensure alignment to processes & procedures.
- Participate in setting up the Hadoop environment with a focus on Data Governance.
- Assist in operationalizing the EPIC Project, focus on Data Governance. Allow business users to define metadata while ensuring data is accurate and timely.
- Authorize new data project requirement documentation or review existing business project documentation for data needs and providing feedback.
- Understand the location and contents of the data within the warehouse
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing of changes to data entering or leave the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Meet with consumers of the Bank’s data to elicit requirements, ensure an understanding of data needs.
- Determine systems of record with the assistance of appropriate source system experts.
- Assist Technology data analysts with data mapping by analyzing existing source system data.
- Mentor junior members of the department.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse
- W-2 only no C2C
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years in data analysis, business analysis, data requirements elicitation or any combination of experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- OR in lieu of a degree, 8+ years working in a data environment.
- Ability to write moderately complex SQL queries and navigate through large relational databases.
- Understand data normalization purposes & techniques. Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to understand business terminology. Detail oriented and organizational skill required.
- Time management skills with the ability to recognize project milestones and delivery dates.
- Working knowledge of bank accounting systems (e.g. Hogan, AFS, SHAW)
- Experience in bank business areas (e.g. Finance, Commercial, Retail, WISD, Operations).
- Understanding of Data Warehousing architectures. Advanced SQL script writing skills.
- Data Mapping experience in relational databases, using Primary and Foreign Keys.
- Technical understanding of Teradata tools and/or Business Intelligence tools and concepts.