Easter Seals Serving DC|MD|VA & the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Clinic Receptionist. Be a key member of the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic and provide exceptional customer service to external and internal customers.
- Route incoming calls, ensure messages are complete, accurate and transmitted to the appropriate person and screen calls as needed.
- Responsible for the scheduling of appointments and meetings.
- Welcome and greet visitors in a friendly and professional manner. Determine the nature of the visit, who they need to speak with and promptly notify the appropriate staff of the visitor’s arrival.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance at the front desk, in lobby and waiting area.
- Receive and sign for deliveries and notify recipient.
- Perform administrative and/or other duties assigned in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain clinic security by locking and unlocking doors.
- Will need to work some evenings and occasional Saturday mornings
Critical Competencies for Success
- Exceptional Communicator: Communicate clearly and effectively via oral and written means.
- Composure: Remain calm in difficult situations, emergencies and respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Team Player: Work as part of a diverse team to enable the clinic to achieve positive results.
- Organization: Plan ahead and to keep various on-ongoing projects organized and files maintained accurately.
- Decision Making: Set work priorities, evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Multitasker: Juggle multiple tasks to meet the needs of our customers and the clinic team simultaneously.
- Technical: Knowledge of administrative functions and support.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years related experience
- Excellent concentration skills and memory required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Proof-reading skills and 60 WPM typing with 98% accuracy.
- Understand the purpose and general operation of programs offered by the clinic and intelligently communicate this information to customers and visitors.
- Knowledge about the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act.
- Excellent customer service.
- Work independently or as part of a team, anticipate problems and generate solutions and demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and clients.