|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Human Resources Associate (Temp) to ensure day-to-day operation and support the work of management. The job involves an array of administrative and clerical assignments, some highly routine and others requiring problem-solving ability. The candidate must be a true team player and who can handle the ever-changing environment of a fast-paced non-profit.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Collect, process and verify new hire documents prior to start of employment.
- Process, input and update personnel information into HRIS system.
- Prepare, maintain and submit personnel documentation to finance for processing.
- Maintain and process I-9 documentation in USCIS website; update documents in active/terminated binders.
- Process benefits enrollment processing and report terminations to Finance.
- Record all employee status changes as necessary (e.g. departmental transfers, rate increases, termination, etc.) and forward to Finance for processing.
- Update personnel records regularly to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Under direction, compile salary and other personnel statistics.
- Keep benefits packets and orientation materials updated and on hand.
- Assist with recruiting and staffing logistics.
- Assist in screening applications or resumes and testing applicants (when applicable) before or after interview.
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of all benefit programs.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Assist with performance management and improvement systems.
- Assist with organization development, employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting.
- Assist with new hire orientation and employee training and development
- Handle simple to moderate employee relations issues.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Receptionist, interns, and volunteers
- US Military connection highly preferred: veteran, guardsman, reservist or military family member
- Associate’s degree is required Bachelor degree preferred.
- 2 years of human resource-related work experience, or 4 years of appropriate applicable work experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are essential.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail, ability to maintain strict confidentiality, and ability to work independently is required.