|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an ambitious Prep Cook (on call) to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. Perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen, wash dishes, sanitize surfaces, and take out trash.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Usually 4 days a week, Mon-Thurs; sometimes Sundays.
- Start from 6am-10am, for 6-8 hour shifts.
- Schedule is finalized each Friday for the next week.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Culinary background or training required.
- Good knife skills.
- Comfortable in the kitchen.
- Fast-paced environment, busy kitchen.
- Teamwork and good communication skills.