Easter Seals DC/MD/VA serves Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We provide services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special needs have equal opportunities to live, learn, work, and play in our community. The Driver is responsible for the transportation to/from the Adult Day Services center in Easter Seals vehicles.
Two Shifts available: Monday through Friday with occasional Sat.
Morning shift (approx 7:30a -11am)
Afternoon shift (approx 3p - 6:30pm)
Essential Functions of the Driver:
- Provide transportation for participants to and from the Center in Easter Seals vehicles.
- Assist Activities Director with field trips (accompanying, and driving)
- Assist participants boarding and exiting vans.
- Observe participants for change in condition and report to the Health Director.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the van's neat, clean, and safe environment.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
Requirements of the Driver:
- High School diploma, GED, or current enrollment in a program leading to a high school diploma or GED.
- Current CPR and first aid training (or willingness to take training promptly.)
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally and compassionately with elderly and disabled participants, their family and/or professional care provider(s), and the variety of individuals visiting the center for professional, volunteer, or treatment purposes.