|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Accounting Controller position overseeing the accounting function for 3 limited service hotel properties and provide a wide variety of accounting services.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 20 pounds on occasional basis.
- Reporting/Financial: Responsible for the entire income audit function. Ensures the integrity of all revenue sources as reported through the various property management systems. Responsible for general ledger and income statement of the property. Consistently monitors all controls to minimize risk of misappropriation of funds or assets on the property. Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and all outlets accounting procedures.
- Cost Control/Cash Flow: Assists all departments in maximizing efficiencies. Assists in identifying maximization of revenue for the hotel and restaurant. Assists department managers in effectively managing labor costs. Oversees accounts receivable for the property. Ensures timely billing and collection of accounts.
- Operational Procedures: Provides leadership support in maintaining established controls and standard procedures. Serves as a resource for all management and hourly staff.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Associates Degree in Accounting required.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience including proficient use of spread sheet and word processing software.
- Strong preference for experience in a hospitality environment.
- Must have strong organizational & communication skills and a solid business focus.