|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse for a Building Automation Systems (BAS) Service HVAC Technician position. BAS is all about integration, so this position truly requires a broad understanding of mechanical systems, electronics, and IT/computer science to be successful. Customer service and great communication skills are needed too.
Responsibilities of the Building Automation Systems (BAS) Service HVAC Technician: Veteran Military
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderate to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
- Interface with customers to install and service our clients’ Building Automation Systems.
- Performing preventative maintenance on network and field-level control devices
- Troubleshooting mechanical equipment
- Air handlers
- Zone control devices (VAV Boxes, Reheat Coils)
- Daily reports for internal and external customers: face-to-face, phone, and/or email
- Programming of various BAS systems on legacy platforms
- Drive company vehicle to client sites throughout Baltimore area, with some travel to DC + NOVA.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Performing the primary duties of the job regularly requires different environments while on various job sites, with possible exposure to outside weather conditions.
Requirements for the Building Automation Systems (BAS) Service HVAC Technician: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- 2 ‐ 4 year technical degree and/or industry-related technical field experience.
- Requires an understanding of BAS, mechanical, electrical, and computer science/IT.
- 1+ years of experience with programming and troubleshooting Building Automation Systems
- Broad understanding of electronics, with ability to troubleshoot relay logic circuits
- Proficient at reading schematics
- Basic abilities in IT/computer science
- Working knowledge of building controls systems
- Valid state motor vehicle license with safe driving record
- Strong customer service skills, for interacting with clients