|Currently seeking US Military Veterans, National Guardsmen, Reservists, and Military Spouses to apply for a Hotel General Manager position at a first-class hotel. Oversee the overall management and operation of the hotel. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality.
- Personally Delivers Exceptional Guest Service: Accountable for maintaining high service and quality standards according to brand. Communicate guest feedback to hotel staff and addresses trends/issues with staff. Personally follow up on all guest inquiries, issues and concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Sales: Actively participate in the hotel’s sales efforts, analyzes and negotiates business, determines pricing and yield strategies, attends sales calls/site visits. Maintain a positive presence within the community by attending Chamber and CVB meetings and events. Maintain accurate weekly, monthly and annual budgets, forecasts and business plans. Work with Revenue Manager and Sales Team to implement sales strategies and a business mix that will help ensure the hotel achieves maximum revenue potential. Provide direction to operations team to ensure the service and quality needs have negotiated accounts and groups are met consistently.
- Maximizes Guest Satisfaction Scores: Identify potential obstacles and implements ideas to maximize guest satisfaction scores. Communicate results from guest satisfaction surveys with hotel team and works to maintain guest satisfaction scores that are within the range deemed acceptable by the brand.
- Financial Responsibility: Manage expenses according to budgeted/forecasted guidelines to maximize hotel profitability. Review/release payroll. Prepare and manage the hotel budget and ongoing forecasting efforts. Communicate financial forecasts via weekly reporting and critiques month end financial results via month end reporting. Reviews A/R and A/P.
- Training and Development: Assist with the ongoing training and development of hotel team members and maintaining all necessary training records.
- People Management: Effective management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team member relations. Interview, hire, coach and develop hotel team members and management team. Addresses performance issues.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5+ years of progressive hotel management experience required.
- Must be able to manage multiple hotel and corporate priorities in a fast paced environment.