|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to fill an opening for an experienced Aviation Supervising Security Coordinator. Support & manage security programs for five airports within the Security Operations & Programs Department. A Bachelors in security management, aviation management, public or business administration is required. Also needs to obtain TSA secret security clearance after hiring.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- General Aviation and Air Cargo Security - Serve as the departmental expert on aviation & air cargo security at 5 airports: research/analyze current/proposed national regulations, serve as departmental liaison on selected topics to the national TSA and state offices of aviation.
- Produce position papers for executive policy decision-making. Analyze Aviation security regulations & the impact on airport operations & budgets.
- Security Audit Services - Oversee performance of Security Auditing Services contract at each airport in cooperation with Security Managers. Evaluate audit results & develop proactive solutions.
- Security Training Services – Oversee performance of Training Services contracts. Analyze training testing results & develop recommendations to respond to emerging security trends, changes in TSA regulations or policies, procedures & airport needs. Oversee transition to computer-based security training.
- Airport Community Watch Program - Manage the community watch program. Monitor & track costs, develop public information media, and increase security awareness throughout the facilities.
- Legislation and Best Practices Research - Conduct security legislation research & best practices. Develop white papers on security legislation and regulations, learn from other airports’ best practices.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Bachelors in security management, aviation management, public administration or business administration.
- Must be able to obtain TSA secret security clearance after hiring.
- Subject matter expert in air cargo security.
- 3 years in a management role in aviation security. Know security regulations, laws, and best practices pertaining to airport safety, certification and general aviation operations.
- Knowledge of security management, methods and equipment, such as Air Terminal Rules and Regulations.
- 3 years of contract administration and monitoring of contractor performance.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to establish plans, set priorities, coordinate activities, delegate tasks and responsibilities, and manage resources to achieve project goals in a high pressure environment with multiple tasks due in a tight timeframe. Identify problems & develop long-term solutions
- Superior interpersonal skills including interacting with all levels of staff, both within & outside the agency.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical & decision making skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.