|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to fill an opening for an experienced Building Inspector, Quality Assurance. Conduct audits and inspections for Construction Standards and Inspection Unit. Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years inspecting fire protection systems and equipment.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Conduct audits also for scheduled acceptance inspection and major tests to recommend the issuance of a Permit to Occupy or Use and Certificate of Completion for Chief Engineer’s signature.
- Prepare the Inspections Report to identify non-conforming items and follows up for final disposition.
- Audit field records, including Special Inspection Reports for contracts.
- Perform audits-inspection for contracts and tenant construction projects.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of relevant experience and working knowledge of building codes, construction, NFPA standards, and permitting processes.
- Experience inspecting fire protection systems and equipment, such as fire pumps, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, fire/smoke dampers, and special suppression systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of New York City and New Jersey Building and Fire Codes is preferred
- New Jersey certification as a Fire Inspector, Fire Official, or Fire Sub-Code Official is preferred.
- Attention to detail and good writing skills are essential
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel. SAP preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all level.
- Ability to effectively reach sound conclusion to recommend the issuance of sensitive legal documents.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Being physically fit to climb various types of structures.