|Easter Seals Serving DC|MD|VA & the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Case Manager. Will report to the Lead Clinician and provide high-quality, comprehensive case management services to veterans and their family living with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Critical Competencies for Success
- Conduct intake screenings and case management meetings with veterans and/or their families
- Evaluate and document client needs and work with clinic staff and client to develop a treatment plan
- Coordinate, document, track and report on client care
- Advocate for and facilitate access to mental health and related services for veterans and their family
- Collaborate with clinic staff to ensure that patient data is collected, stored and protected in compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Collaborate with staff to refer clients for services within Easter Seals (i.e. respite care, early intervention services, etc.) and/or across its network of partner organizations
- Work with clinicians, intake coordinator and case managers to ensure continuity of service
- Collaborate with Easter Seals staff and Cohen Veterans Network around data collection, trend analysis, research, reporting.
- Provide evidenced based clinical treatment and carry a caseload of clients (if working towards licensure)
- Assisting clinic staff with promotion, marketing and recruitment efforts
- Exceptional Communicator: Demonstrated success establishing relationships with customers, members of the community, the Board, and team members at all levels of an organization.
- Team Player: Demonstrated ability to leverage the strengths of diverse teams (both internal and external), coach, mentor, and hold team accountable to achieve results.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven capacity to listen actively and synthesize multiple pieces of disparate information into a coherent vision that aligns with the organization’s strategy and move it to successful operationalization.
- Multitasker: Ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously. Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Demonstrated experience working successfully within a highly collaborative and collegial organization. Comfort rolling one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations.
- Political Savvy: Can maneuver through complex situations effectively. Plans appropriately to seize potential opportunities and avoid potential conflicts in service of realizing overarching goals.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred, experience working with military populations required
- Bachelor in Social Work, Psychology or related field (minimum); Masters in Social Work, LSW or LGSW preferred
- 2 years as a case manager in a mental health clinic setting, preferably with veteran and military populations dealing with conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team, anticipate problems, generate solutions and demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages
- Demonstrated knowledge about the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act.