|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Videoconferencing Engineer. Looking for a talented and self-driven engineer to troubleshoot audio/visual (AV) issues, maintain AV hardware, develop automation and report standards to scale, operate, and simplify the video conferencing network. Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years’ experience in AV support & design in a corporate environment.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Provide assessments and recommendations of audio visual hardware. Test functionalities of systems.
- Engage in user, system and support requirements gathering and analysis to provide design and architectural recommendations as it relates to new AV/VTC systems projects.
- Determine scope of work for vendor service, engineers and technician visits and supervise to ensure the satisfactory completion of the work.
- Oversee vendors for installation, and support of video conferencing meeting spaces.
- Research and recommend capital purchases to maintain or increase capacity of video operations.
- Develop, organize and maintain standard operational procedures (regular maintenance) and workflow processes and procedures for AV systems.
- Provide 3rd-level support, resolve incidents, escalate issues, and pursue root-cause analysis on systems. Refer warranty and 3rd tier support problems to vendor for resolution and tracks to completion.
- Collaborate with internal support groups to increase efficiency of 1st/2nd level call resolution.
- Perform setup, inspection, testing, operation and troubleshooting of AV equipment for video conference and collaboration.
- Engage in planning, setup, and operation of AV systems to support internal live events and webcasts.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years in audio/visual support, audio/visual system integration and design in a corporate environment.
- 2 years managing technical projects
- 2 years managing audio/visual integrators
- Understand of basic networking technologies (TCP/IP), fundamentals (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SIP) voice and video-specific protocols (SIP, RTSP, h.264, h.323, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting video endpoints (Cisco and LifeSize)
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work efforts and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- 2 years with Cisco CUCM/VCS and managing basic network devices (routers, switches, firewalls) preferred
- 2 years leading and managing enterprise-scale videoconferencing projects preferred
- Experience integrating AV systems preferred
- Live event audio/visual support preferred
Keywords: Router, Cisco, Customer Service, Firewalls, Inspection, Integration, Maintenance, Networking, Operations, Root Cause Analysis, RTSP, Sip, System Integration, TCP/IP, Testing, Time Management, Video Conference, Workflow, Business Requirements, Communication Systems, Integrator, Requirements Gathering, Retail Sales, Visual Design, Warranty