|Easter Seals Serving DC|MD|VA & the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. Be a key member of the clinical team that will conduct psychiatric medical care to veterans and their families, especially those impacted by the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and psychotropic treatment of psychiatric disorders of clients.
- Provide psychotropic medication therapy and medication education as required.
- Conduct mental status examinations. Review and approve discharge plan.
- Assure that psychiatric interventions are coordinated with the interventions of other professionals, and that other providers are kept informed of changes in the psychiatric condition/status of the individual receiving services.
- Complete accurately and timely documentation in electronic health record.
- Coordinate referrals for higher levels of care as needed.
- Maintain an active role in interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss evaluations and diagnostic formulations and to assist the team and the patient to develop an appropriate plan of service.
- Provide evidenced based mental health treatment.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred
- 24 months’ Psychiatric experience with young adults and adults up to age 65 within the past 36 months.
- Licensed to practice as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner in Maryland.
- License eligible in Virginia (for future telehealth responsibilities).
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) certification.
- Current US Drug Enforcement Agency Substance Registration Certificate. Current Basic Life Support (BLS).
- 3+ years managing the treatment of clients with post-traumatic stress and co-morbid diagnoses such as anxiety or substance abuse (experience treating veterans with these conditions preferred)
- Knowledge of evidence based treatment for mental health conditions with a strong background in cognitive behavioral therapy
- Knowledge of the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, HIPAA and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act.
- Knowledge of local referral resources in the MD, DC, and VA area.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills; ability to distill complex subjects into clear messages.