|Easter Seals Serving DC|MD|VA & The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Senior Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to provide direct counseling services + evidence-based care for clients of the clinic. The position requires a Master’s in Social work, with training and experience in counseling trauma and PTSD, individual, couples, and family therapy and 3+ years’ experience in an outpatient clinical setting.
Exceptional Communicator: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral and written means. Ability to present a positive and friendly demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, and clinic support personnel, funders and the general public. Ability to develop and provide oral presentations.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of clinical processes, protocols and procedures; assist as needed in the establishment and continuous improvement of processes for outcomes measurement and reporting.
- Provide supervision to social work staff and ensure they have the professional development and training to build, operate and maintain a high-functioning clinic.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the caregiver, physician, director, case management and other disciplines, to provide best care to patients
- Manage full caseload of veteran and family members and complete accurate and timely documentation in the electronic health record
- Actively participate in weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings
- Provide direct mental health services and referrals for veterans and their families.
- Perform and document client screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members
- Provide individual, couples, and family to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments
Team Player: Ability to work as part of an effective multidisciplinary team.
Exceptional Clinician: Proven capacity to deliver results through short-term therapy programs. Ability to identify and assess high risk veterans or family members and provide appropriate acute care intervention.
Technical: Ability to learn and appropriately utilize the electronic health record.
Decision Making: Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Demonstrated experience working successfully within a highly collaborative and collegial organization. Comfort rolling one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred. Experience working with military populations required.
- Master in Social Work and license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-C) required. Must be licensed or license-eligible to practice in the state of Maryland.
- 3+ years’ experience in an outpatient clinical setting
- Experience working with or managing the care of adults, children, couples, and families
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses. Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment
- Experience and training in providing cognitive behavioral therapy
- Knowledge of the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the HIPAA, and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a strong plus