|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Hospitality Group Facilities Manager position at a first-class hotel. Support the maintenance and capital improvement process for the hotel assets. Creative vision, entrepreneurial thinking, and a breadth of knowledge of a wide range of hospitality assets and building systems.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Capital Investment Responsibilities:
Facilities Management Responsibilities:
- Write accurate scopes of work and specifications for each project.
- Hire and manage third party consultants to provide appropriate and guided specifications and plans.
- Review price quotes for the procurement of parts, services and labor, for facility-related projects.
- Schedule and lead project update and meetings and include all appropriate stakeholders.
- Complete comprehensive analysis of each capital project, review contractor bids and product recommendations.
- Complete property visits and conduct update meetings.
- Oversee the scheduling of maintenance and monitoring of all heating, ventilation, air conditioning, water, electric and other systems to ensure operation.
- Conduct routine walk-through of properties, work area inspections and enforce preventative maintenance policies.
- Ensure completion of the PM process throughout the year.
- Develop the Chief Engineer and engineering team.
- Work with the Human Resource Team at each hotel to enhance engineering departments:
- Hiring and Orientation
- Training and Certification
- Ensure that projects are on budget. Attend meetings with accounting on project cost and management of invoices.
- Effectively and punctually manage the following administrative duties through consistent transparent communication:
- Publish weekly tracking reports and projections as required for each hotel and specifically by project when necessary.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Associate’s Degree
- 10+ years engineering/ facilities management experience, with 2-4 years in the hospitality field.
- Engineer in Training certification required.
- Previous experience with supplier management and negotiation.
- Ability to read and understand FF&E specifications.
- Basic understanding of hotel operations.
- Superb personal initiative and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Specific technical expertise in common hotel technology systems and business software use such as HotSOS and/or Hotel ServicePRO.
- Ability to think creatively and be open minded to solve challenges in new ways.
- High levels of integrity, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in purchasing of furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential and Professional Engineer license preferred.
- CEM certification and LEED accreditation or CIBSE certification preferred.