|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or a Military Spouse to apply for a Hospitality Group Director of Engineering position at a first-class hotel. Support the capital improvement process for the Hospitality Group’s hotel assets.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Capital Investment Responsibilities:
Facilities Management Responsibilities:
- Write scopes of work and product specifications for each project.
- Present detailed and accurate recommendations for purchases.
- Assist annually in developing comprehensive, detailed capital budgets for the division’s hotels.
- Complete regularly scheduled property visits and conduct update meetings with stakeholders.
- Update the Capital Plan Action document and distribute an updated copy to management team.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Oversee the schedule of maintenance and monitoring of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, water, electric and systems to ensure efficient operation.
- Ensure completion of the PM process throughout the year. Inspect and follow through.
- Develop the Chief Engineer and engineering team. Establish quarterly training for staff.
- Work with the Human Resource Team at each hotel to enhance engineering departments:
- Recruitment, Hiring and Orientation, Training and Certification
- Review the schedule of maintenance and monitoring of equipment on quarterly basis.
- Conduct routine walk-throughs of properties, work area inspections, identify preventative maintenance challenges and present a follow up action plan.
- Review social media, franchise measurement and other forms of guest feedback to detect negative trends in building and or renovation related issues.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Associates degree. Engineer in Training certification required.
- 10+ years overall engineering/ facilities management experience, 2-4 years in the hospitality field.
- Regional Chief Engineer for like-sized company.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is desirable.
- Professional Engineer license and CEM, LEED or CIBSE certification preferred.
- Specific technical expertise in hotel technology systems and business software, HotSOS and/or Hotel ServicePRO
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in purchasing of furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Previous experience with supplier management and negotiation.
- Ability to read and understand FF&E specifications. Basic understanding of hotel operations.