|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Dispatch Supervisor position. If you have experience in Warehouse Management, are extremely motivated, highly organized, with a winning attitude, this is your opportunity to join a vibrant business.
Your innovation, ability to handle multiple projects, + resourcefulness will be utilized, appreciated + rewarded. Ideal candidates are results oriented, thrive in a fast paced environment, love problem solving, + demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Responsibilities of Dispatch Supervisor:
- Effectively supervise the day-to-day delivery activities through a team of warehouse personnel.
- Ensure that deliveries, pick-ups, receiving, distribution and all other warehouse functions are performed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Fostering a fair employment environment for positive employee relations and employee retention.
- Track drivers throughout the day to ensure on-time deliveries and pickups.
- Assist with vehicle management, schedule preventative maintenance, retain an accurate log of rental units, and review pre- and post-trip inspection reports.
- Effectively communicate with Drivers, Sales Staff, and Customers.
- Responsible for afterhours ‘emergency line’ and adjusting client orders as requested.
- Create accurate security lists for specific events.
- Ensure that all trucks are loaded & unloaded properly and that the equipment is safely secure.
- Maintain warehouse in a neat and orderly fashion with aisle ways kept free of merchandise and other items.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Supervise hourly operational staff members to ensure compliance with company objectives.
Requirements of Dispatch Supervisor:
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 year managing 20+ people or comparable experience.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and able to pass Federal DOT Physical.
- Must be able to drive a box truck (driving is not part of normal duties, but needed as backup.)
- Strong time management skills. Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Think quickly to solve problems ranging from staffing and truck issues to last minute orders and additions.
- Available to work flexible hours, may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Use math to solve problems, speak English clearly, and write legibly.
- Provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. and have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Be conversational or fluent in Spanish and/or French is a plus.
- Event Industry experiences a plus.