|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Area Accounting Controller position overseeing the accounting function for 3 limited service hotel properties and provide a wide variety of accounting services.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Reporting/Financial: Responsible for the entire income audit function. Ensure integrity of revenue sources as reported through various property management systems. Responsible for general ledger and income statement of the property. Consistently monitor controls to minimize risk of misappropriation of funds or assets on the property. Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and outlets accounting procedures.
- Cost Control/Cash Flow: Assist departments in maximizing efficiencies. Identify maximization of revenue for the hotel and restaurant. Assist department managers in effectively managing labor costs. Oversee accounts receivable for the property. Ensure timely billing and collection of accounts.
- Operational Procedures: Provide leadership support in maintaining established controls and standard procedures. Serve as a resource for management and hourly staff.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Associates Degree in Accounting required.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, proficient use of spread sheet and word processing software.
- Strong preference for experience in a hospitality environment.
- Must have strong organizational & communication skills and a solid business focus.