|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Mover or Driver-Mover with a veteran-owned company. Be a high-energy, dependable and productive member on assigned job sites and ensure that services are performed safely, efficiently, and with the customer’s satisfaction in mind. Position requires great physical shape, to regularly lift and move 50 lbs. (occasional 100 lbs.) and work hard all day.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Load and unload moving trucks and vehicles by hand and with use of hand truck or dolly.
- Load/stack materials, boxes, and furniture in a manner that won’t result in damaged goods.
- Wrap wood furniture in moving blankets. Mark boxes that contain fragile or breakable items.
- Be polite and respectful of customers and maintain a positive attitude.
- Manage trash and keep moving trucks clean and tidy.
- Wear company uniform shirt + hat, plus keep facial hair and hair neatly trimmed.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- For Driver-Movers, valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Good vision required: close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Be able to regularly lift and move 50 lbs., with occasional 100 lbs.; to stand and walk 8 hours a day; and climb, crouch and balance.
- Ability to work in all weather, hot/humid and cold temperatures.
- Attendance when scheduled is an absolute must. Late/no shows = termination. 48-hour notice required if unable to show up for scheduled work.
Key words: Driver, trash, laborer, general labor, truck, clean, warehouse, manufacturing, production, assembly and construction, day laborer, strong, strength, physical, weight, pounds, lbs.