|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Area Government Sales Manager of a first-class hotel. Identify opportunities within government agencies, communicate and coordinate business opportunities with key stakeholders and execute total solutions to the customer to achieve revenue goals.
- Target tour and travel accounts, markets or segments with emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
- Respond to incoming sales leads for the property.
- Identify, qualify and solicit new business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Focus efforts on key and target accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
- Maximize revenue by selling food and beverage to groups.
- Understand overall market; competitor strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand and know how to sell against them.
- Close the best opportunities based on market conditions and property needs.
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers for future bookings.
- Collaborate with management to manage group room blocks, cutoff dates, rooming lists, etc.
- Conduct formal pre-event meetings to review/communicate group needs.
- Manage meeting space, room set up, food and beverage and audio visual requirements.
- Identify improvements to enhance the client experience.
- Maintain performance level when experiencing changes or challenges.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Associates in Hotel and Restaurant Management preferred.
- 3 years in sales role; 5-7 years in the hotel or event management role preferred.
- A proven track record of success in a hotel or a related service industry
- Demonstrates independent problem solving skills and identify process improvements needed.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.