|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an IT Security Engineer. Serve a critical role to the ensure safety of applications, databases, infrastructure and business operations. 5+ years in the IT Security field with 5+ years of Incident, Problem, and Change management experience are required.
- Evaluate business strategies; research information security standards; conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; study architecture/platform; identify integration issues; prepare cost estimates
- Plan delivery of solutions to enhance existing design and competence; answer technical and procedural questions; teach improved process; mentor team members
- Identify flaws and weaknesses in composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems and applications to specify, verify solutions that have been implemented and adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired
- Provide engineering support for preventative and detective security technologies: malcode detection, network access controls, web/email content filtering, intrusion detection and vulnerability management
- Troubleshoot, administer, support and evaluate preventative and detective IT security controls.
- Generate and document operational process, procedure and incident response plans. Act as technical lead on security focused audit findings.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- 5+ years in IT security field. College degree in relevant field preferred
- 5+ years designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and administering Network Security Products (Firewalls, Proxy, IDS/IPS, Load balancers)
- 5+ years practicing Change, Problem and Incident management processes in ITIL fashion
- Career progression to “Tier 3” Support Engineer (or similar capacity)
- Subject matter expert in Network Firewalls/Web application firewalls
- Ability to analyze, use and configure large enterprise networks. Proven crisis management skills
- Understand malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Understand data security and network protocols (TCP/IP) and web protocols (HTTP/HTTPS)
- System administration experience with various web (IIS/Apache) and application server technologies (IIS/Apache Tomcat/ColdFusion)
- Strong understanding of Local & Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) and knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of *NIX (Sun Solaris, LINUX, Windows, etc.)
- Working knowledge of firewall technologies, Checkpoint preferred