|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as Senior Virtualization Systems Engineer. Perform development and design work on complex systems. The position requires a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering, 5-8 years of systems engineering experience, Security+ CE, and an Active DOD Secret clearance.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Perform complex systems development and design work, including: logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Perform system modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Participate in the upgrade of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
- Provide input for documentation. Identify, analyze and resolve system problems.
- Develop and conduct tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determine system spec, input/output processes + working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Active DOD Secret clearance. Security + CE.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5-8 years in systems engineering. Experience supporting a DoD environment
- Experience implementing, managing, and supporting production environments using VMware View (Horizon View desired), vSphere, ThinApp and Active Directory. Deployment on cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- Configure, deploy, diagnose and trouble-shoot and support client Windows, Linux, and UNIX infrastructures
- Support of Windows 7 & 10 desktop + Windows 2008 & 2012 R2 server systems in production
- Strong understanding of Windows, Storage, Networking and/or Linux
- Server and networking hardware. Familiarity with hyper convergence technologies
- PowerShell, Bash script and advanced scripting languages like Python
- Virtualization solution architecture VMware and Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor
- Hands on developing for VMware ESX, XenServer, KVM, and/or Hyper-V
- Strong documentation skills (design documentation, processes/procedures, environment diagrams, etc.)
- Excellent application integration troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose system problems
- Knowledge of orchestration systems like Ansible and/or VMware certifications preferred
- Ability to establish a solid working relationship with the customer, technical staff, managers, peers and teaming partners. Proven team building and leadership capabilities