|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as Senior Systems Analyst. Use your extensive skills to implement and analyze complex systems. The position requires a Bachelor’s, 5-8 years of computer systems analysis and/or programming plus Linux/RHEL 5/6/7 experience.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Install and maintain various applications on RHEL machines: WebLogic, OBIEE, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, BitBucket and custom applications.
- Plan, implement and maintain Windows and Linux domain-based infrastructure.
- Support various Oracle middleware products: OBIEE, WebLogic, and IDM.
- Administer WebLogic servers, domains, clusters in Production and non-Production environments.
- Work closely with vendors and other teams to ensure timely completion of issues that arise.
- Write and update scripts to automate process, startup, shutdown, auto delete, revert changes, etc.
- Update Unix OS patches and Windows updates to comply with requirements.
- Use Remedy and Jira to track and resolve tickets efficiently.
- Create and maintain baselines, guides and other documentation.
- Deployed various applications in Domain and Clustered environments.
- Troubleshoot issues during upgrades prior to releasing to production to ensure minimal server downtime.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software or network and system problems and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Operate consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and coordinate computer network access and use.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs and use information to identify, predict, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Maintain logs related to system functions, maintenance and repair records.
- Test patches and kernel updates to ensure organization operational availability was not affected.
- Configure hostnames, DHCP, DNS and static IP’s
- Pushed security patches, kernel updates and misc. software patches.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science/related technical discipline or equivalent education/technical certification/experience.
- 5-8 years in related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience
- Experience supporting a DOD environment.
- Familiar with Linux/RHEL 5/6/7. Able to navigate within a Linux file structure using the terminal.
- Proficient in VIM or similar tools and scripting in Bash/Python
- Able to identify processes that can be automated and scripted for better task management.
- Flexibility to support on weekends and odd hours as needed to ensure little to no disruption of local and operational systems during scheduled maintenance and outages
- Administration of: Jira, Confluence, Crowd, Jenkins, Artifactory, BitBucket and WebLogic preferred