|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Cassandra Database Administrator. Use your superior skills to ensure smooth operation and up-time of Cassandra plus optimal performance of Luna Portal services and infrastructure. A Bachelor's in Computer Science plus 3 years hands-on with Cassandra cluster and administrative expertise in a multi data center architecture are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Handle Cassandra administration, operation and architecture for a multi data center environment including Production and Test networks
- Champion all Cassandra environment builds: design, capacity planning, cluster setup, upgrades, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Create key performance metrics, measure the utilization and overall health of the cluster. Design and develop debugging and monitoring tools and solutions to support and streamline everyday operations of the Portal DevOps team.
- Work with DevOps to troubleshoot and solve complex problems, find root-causes, implement solutions and contribute to incident reports
- Fluency in automation and systems programming to solve complex operational problems associated with running large scale, multi-tenant, production and lab environments
- Manage backup and recovery functions.
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
- Provide insight on best operational practices, contribute to the design and architecture of the Luna Platform as part of the product life cycle and operate in an agile SDLC model (SCRUM).
- Provide on call support to triage and resolve issues in production platforms
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3 years hands-on setting up Cassandra cluster and administrative expertise in a multi data center architecture
- Strong understanding of complex inner workings of Cassandra (gossip protocol, hinted handoffs, read repairs, Merkle trees.) Expert of its design principals, cluster connectivity, security and factors that affect distributed system performance.
- Experience operating multi-system, web-based applications in micro service architectures
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix system components and low-level workings and Java-based technologies
Key words: Architecture, Capacity Planning, Database Administration, Database Administrator, Design Patterns, DEVOPS, Java, Life Cycle, Linux, Linux/Unix, Metrics, Operations, Performance Tuning, QA, SDLC, Software Engineering, Systems Programming, UNIX, Web-Based, Apache, Asteradata, B2B Software, Dev Ops, Documentation, Switch Capacity, Web Based, Technical, Engineering