|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as MySQL Database Administrator. Use your extensive IT skills to ensure the performance, availability, and security of MySQL instances, plus orchestrate upgrades, backups and provisioning. The position requires a Bachelors/Associates in Computer Science/ Engineering, 5-8 years of related software development experience, and a Secret Clearance.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations. Assess and apply applicable Security policies and settings to them.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Work in tandem with the other teams to prepare documentations and specifications
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Both Secret Clearance and IAT II Certification (e.g., Security + CE) are required by project start
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering/similar PLUS 5 years of related software development
- Associates in Computer Science/Engineering PLUS 8 years of related software development
- High School Diploma PLUS 10 years of related software development
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management, including recent versions, and its replication configuration. Understand its underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Knowledge of the RedHat Unix Operating Environment
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT and Team Foundation Server