|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as Intermediate Network Engineer. Use your extensive IT skills to analyze, administer and support data and voice communication networks. The position requires a Bachelors/Associates in Computer Science/Engineering, 5-8 years of related software development experience, and a Secret Clearance.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Manage the usage and performance of voice and data communications networks.
- Maintain security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluate hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participate in development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participate in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interface with vendors for resolution during outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develop and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Analyze, administers and maintain voice and data communications networks
- Provide advice and training to end-users. Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Provide work leadership to less-experienced personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Secret Clearance
- 8570 Certificate and IAT II Certification (e.g., Security + CE) are required by project start
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering/similar PLUS 5 years of related software development
- Associates in Computer Science/Engineering PLUS 8 years of related software development
- High School Diploma PLUS 10 years of related software development
- Experience in Administration and Configuration of: Cisco Routers, Switches, ASA Firewall, FWSM, F5, SolarWinds Monitoring, and Cisco ACS.
- Familiar with: Cisco VOIP/Call Manager Administration and Configuration, DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides for Network Administration and Configuration, COMSEC Key management/KIV-7/SKL.