|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Principal Systems Engineer with Enterprise Windows, Active Directory and VMware. Help re-architect and construct the operational environment of current and future IT platform. The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, 8-10 years in systems engineering, DOD 8570 IAT II compliance, and Secret Clearance.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Design, implement and manage high availability/ clustering and disaster recovery environments
- Support plans and templates in line with the technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
- Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement and train and transition solutions to operational support.
- Interact with customers and representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements. Serve as liaison with clients, participate in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Plan, manage time according to schedules and provide timely status updates
- Quickly learn new tools and resolves issues using all available resources.
- Conduct project-based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
- Prepare and manage new systems; follow program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
- Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems, troubleshoot and deep dive into VMware infrastructure.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Active Secret clearance.
- DOD 8570 IAT II compliance included Security + with CE enrolled certification plus computing environment certification (e.g. MCSE or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 6.x, or 5.x. related technologies such as clustering, high availability.
- Strong background in Microsoft Windows technologies, such as Active Directory.
- Intermediate VMware experience. VCP 5 or higher certification
- Foundational knowledge around Linux systems preferably with Redhat
- Hands-on experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN’s, switching and routing
- Proactive thinker and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box
- Intermediate experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise solutions using Microsoft, HP and VMWare 5.x and 6.x technologies.
- HP blade hardware and virtual platform, Windows Server, SQL Server
- Backup and disaster recovery experience