|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a NOCC Engineer. Use your superior IT skills to work in a large-scale, global-platform operations to help proactive monitor and troubleshoot servers for maximum availability. A Master’s in Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant professional experience are required.
2nd Shift: 4pm – Midnight 12am, Mon-Fri
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Network monitoring, ticket resolution, software installation, threats and alerts, and system automation.
- Resolve service interruptions either within NOCC or escalate to other entities.
- Manage and track events through resolution and maintain a history of network-impacting issues.
- Monitor and provide ongoing maintenance and administration for the deployed network.
- Control deployment of new software releases across the platform.
- Monitor, troubleshoot & correct server and network problems.
- Work with various third parties (Engineers, System Architects, Infrastructure Vendors, Customers and Developers) to narrow down problems and achieve resolution.
- Clearly and effectively document information in the Trouble Ticket system for communication to staff and ensuring the accuracy of NOCC’s procedures.
- Provide training to NOCC Technicians and act as an escalation point within NOCC.
- Act as shift lead in absence of a shift Manager.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Master’s in Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Know Layer 2 Networking Typologies, Security, + Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience required in supporting large company-sized environments
- Perl, Python scripting, C++ or another language and Linux
- Experience designing and administering a monitoring and reporting solution in a high availability environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and/or UNIX system administration
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Database systems, TCP/IP in internetworking/WAN data communications
Key words: C++, DATABASE, DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS, ENGINEER, LAYER 2, LINUX, PERL, PYTHON, SCRIPTING, SQL, SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION, TCP, TCP/IP, TRAINING, UNIX, CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED, DATABASES, DEPLOYMENT, DNS, DOCUMENTING, MAINTENANCE, MALWARE, MONITORING, OPERATIONS, ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS, REAL-TIME, RETAIL SALES, SECURITY, SELF MOTIVATED