|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an IT Help Desk Technician. Provide level 1 IT support to customers for virtual desktop, PC, laptop, server, applications, mobile, and hardware issues. Position requires an Associate’s in a related technical discipline and 2-4 years of IT service desk experience.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Day shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm or a similar work shift. Schedule may vary. After hours on-call support rotation is a requirement for this position.
- Provide level 1 IT support to customers for virtual desktop, PC, laptop, server, applications, mobile, and hardware issues.
- Deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically (email, instant messenger, remote desktop) or face-to-face.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries within established Service Level Agreements Objectives (SLO's).
- Using SCSM Service Desk application, properly document customer support requests and resolve, or escalates requests to level 2 support teams.
- Interact with peers across other IT disciplines towards problem resolution.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommend and document improvements to processes/systems as a result of incident resolution activities.
- Work in support of projects/tasks in addition to level 1 IT Service Desk duties.
- Ability to works as team member with good communication skills.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Associates in a related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.
- 2-4 years of directly related experience supporting IT service / help desk operations.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices are paramount
- Must have experience in responding to customer requests with an emphasis on high customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Work output must be detailed for the highest level of accuracy and quality
- Proficiency in the use of Virtual Desktop, Laptops, PC's, Microsoft Office Applications, Remote Network Access and Remote Control required
- Experience with SCSM Service Desk Application and/or Cireson portal and RSA 2-factor authentication a plus