|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Senior AV Streaming and Digital Signage Engineer. Help to analyze, design and implement the technical requirements for video projects, including selection, design and management of technologies. 5+ years developing and optimizing real-time video streaming plus 5+ years with video codecs are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Manage the full lifecycle implementation of the company’s digital signage and audio visual/AV/video technology systems. Help from initial planning, through vendor selection, systems design, proof of concept testing, systems development, and final deployment phases
- Plan, gather requirement, specify, design and implement new technology solutions.
- Document and transition operational processes to support complex technical solutions.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- 5+ years developing and optimizing real-time video streaming (multicast and unicast) systems
- 5 years with video codecs (e.g. VP8, H.323, H.264), knowledge of how various codecs work, and ability to recommend appropriate codec based on a specific set of use cases
- 5+ years as a Systems Engineering: OS deployment, configuration, management and support
- 3+ years with advanced familiarity with most OS commands/utilities on Windows, Mac and Linux
- 3+ years in Server Architecture (Server Configuration, Security, Networking)
- 3+ years with Cisco Video Communications Server, Telepresence Management Suite, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Know data networking and unpredictability and variability of Internet impacts the user experience. Know how packet loss, latency, bandwidth, jitter are measured and their impact on communications.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills for both system performance and connectivity issues
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Deployment of multi-carrier DAS systems and be familiar with DAS/in-building hardware.
- Understand engineering design drawings, point-to-point wiring diagrams, network architecture and integrated system designs. Know building controls, monitoring and automation systems.
- ITIL frameworks along with incident, problem and change management processes and procedures
- Good analytical skills and Project Management skills