|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Information Security Associate Analyst. Provide cyber event handling functions for cyber incidents such as system compromise; website defacement; malicious code infection; and lost or stolen hardware. Position requires a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, 1 - 3 years in a large IT enterprise or government environment, and current certificate in Active Security+, GCIA, GCIH, and/or CEH.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Provide cyber event handling functions for cybersecurity incidents including: intrusion detection, malware infections, denial-of-service attacks, privileged account misuse, classified spillage, and network breaches.
- Take appropriate action on data obtained through customer reporting, open source research and enterprise security tools.
- Support, escalate and document cyber incident event reports.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Currently hold an Active Security+, GCIA, GCIH, and/or CEH certification.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level clearance.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a large IT enterprise or Government environment.
- Understand Intrusion Detection and Prevention/Protection from both the network and host levels (Snort; Bro; Fire Eye; Argus; SiLK) and tools (tcpdump; Wireshark; nmap).
- Know Information Security, network/data center operations and systems administration experience.
- Administrator-level knowledge of Windows and/or Linux OS basics
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting network devices.
- Understand TCP/IP networking including knowledge of protocols and services.
- Capable of interpreting packet captures and/or Netflow data.
- Ability to follow Standard Operation Procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to translate highly technical information to shareholders, including high-ranking executives.
- Ability and willingness to perform shift work in 24/7/365 environment.